Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis original analysis of structuration, agency and the state offers an incisive explanation of the changing nature of the state. Cerny argues that the state is t being transcended; the architecture of politics is t moving beyond the nation-state despite the emergence of transnational structures. He points to the movement of many states towards the model of the 'competition state', and away from the model of 'welfare state', as the major contemporary change in the role of the state. He asserts that new forms of political action will have to evolve if the state itself is to be controlled and used for the pursuit of deeper human values in the 21st century.
- Author(s)Philip G. Cerny
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/1990
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteindex
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.