All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines how and why corporate strategy, structure and culture is continuing to change markedly in South East Asia. Among the issues that have forced widespread changes in the region are the ecomic meltdown, the growth in electronic techlogy, regional market integration, changing levels of education, business process standardisation and transparency measures, the rise in 'corporate governance' and political developments among the targeted countries. Specifically, this book discusses the changing nature of MNC business culture, strategy and practice in the ASEAN regional trading bloc. This comprises Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei and the Philippines. This book provides a rich and detailed account of how and why these organisations are evolving and restructuring in the post-ecomic crisis era. Multiple, in-depth case-studies are incorporated from the point of view of participants.
- Author BiographyTim G. Andrews is Senior Lecturer in International Marketing at Bristol Business School, University of the West of England. He is currently publishing a body of work on business/strategy in the Greater Mekong Subregion. Prior to his appointment in the UK he was a Market Development Executive (Laos and Yunnan) for a major oil corporate subsidiary based in Thailand. Bryan J. Baldwin OBE is Senior Advisor to the Loxley Conglomerate in Bangkok. With over 20 years experience as Chief Executive for Castrol (Thailand) Ltd he is one of the most well-known and highly regarded Western business executives based in SE Asia. Formerly Chairman of the British Chamber of Commerce in Thailand Bryan was awarded the OBE in 1994 for services to British Commercial interests in Thailand. Nartnalin Chompusri was a marketing executive for several multinational telecommunications corporations based in SE Asia. She currently works at University of West of England in a technical capacity.
- Author(s)Bryan J. Baldwin,Nartnalin Chompusri,Tim G. Andrews
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2002
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWorking in Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.