All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1940, a young student watched silently as the German army marched through the streets of Brussels. Her beloved father was an emigre Russian Jew, her restless, difficult mother a Belgian Catholic. Possibly watching with less incent eyes was the young man who was to become her husband. Dalia did t meet Dolf until after the war which her family was to survive and his didn't. For Dalia, it was love at first sight; she came to Australia because Dolf wanted a new world, and she continued to believe in the new world with all its new strangeness and beauty as they set up home in Melbourne. Love, she believed, would conquer all. Four children, two husbands, a suicide attempt and several careers later, Dalia Millingen examines those things that made her who she is. This book is a tribute to the depth and constancy of love, of how one person can shape ather's destiny with trauma as much as love. Written with the lightest touch but touching upon the most profound subjects, one exceptional woman's search for understanding will illuminate the life of anyone who cares to read this.
- Author(s)Dalia Millingen
- PublisherHybrid Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationOrmond
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHybrid Publishers
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.