All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe masters of the great plantations ruled over those they believed to be inferior to them. Their descendants often believe they are entitled to this same position. With divine right they appeal to their wealth and bloodline demanding that the unimportant in their world be subservient to them. In Falls City, Georgia those in positions of superiority utilize intimidation, slander, blackmail, sex and even murder to get their way. In this seventh visit to Historic First Church these powerful people have used their influence to destroy the spirit of their own pastor and his family. As in the previous books in this series, the readers find themselves drawn into the lives of the colorful characters. Most report that they believe several of these church folks live in their own communities. Some readers even see themselves.
- Author BiographyDennis R. Maynard is the author of eleven books. Well over 125,000 Episcopalians have read his book, Those Episkopols. 3000 congregations around the United States use Those Episkopols in their new member ministries. Several denominational leaders have called it the unofficial handbook for the Episcopal Church. He is also the author of Forgive and Get Your Life Back. The same number of clergy have used that particular book to do forgiveness training in their congregations. The books in The Magnolia Series are growing in popularity around the nation as readers anxiously await each new chapter. The novels give us a chance to look at the underside of parish life. While the story lines are fictional, the readers invariably think they recognize the characters. If not, they know someone just like the folks that attend First Episcopal Church in the town of Falls City, Georgia. Over his forty-two years of parish ministry he has served some of the largest congregations in the Episcopal Church. His ministry included parishes in Illinois, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, and California. President George H.W. Bush and his family are members of the congregation he served in Houston, Texas, also the largest parish in the Episcopal Church. He has served other notable leaders that represent the diversity of his ministry. These national leaders include Former Secretary of State, James Baker; Former Secretary of Education, Richard Riley; Supreme Court Nominee, Clement Haynsworth; and the infamous baby doctor, Benjamin Spock, among others. Doctor Maynard maintains an extensive speaking and travel schedule. He is frequently called on to speak, lead retreats, or serve as a consultant to parishes, schools and organizations throughout the United States. His most recent book, When Sheep Attack, is based on twenty-five case studies of clergy that were attacked by a small group of antagonists in their congregations. The antagonists successfully removed their senior pastor, leaving the congregations themselves divided and crippled. The book describes how it happened, what could have been done to stop it, and what can be done to prevent it from happening to your pastor and parish.
- Author(s)Dennis Roy Maynard
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.