All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the era of globalization, change is the order of the day, but the conventional view of the Arab Middle East is that of a rigid and even stagnant region. This book counters the static perception and focuses instead on regional dynamics. The international team of contributors evaluate the development of Arab civil society; examine the opportunities and challenges facing the Arab media; link the debates concerning Arab political thought to the evolving regional and international context; look at the transformation of armed Islamist movements into deradicalized factions; assess how and to what extent women's empowerment is breaking down patriarchy; and analyze the rise of n-state actors such as Hizbollah and Hamas that rival central political authority.
- Author Biography
Bahgat Korany is professor of international relations and political economy at the American University in Cairo, and director of the AUC Forum. He is the editor (with Ali E. Hillal Dessouki) of The Foreign Policies of Arab States (AUC Press, 2008).
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight456 g
- Width162 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBahgat Korany
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.