The Changing Shape of Practice: Integrating Research and Design in Architecture by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $134.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArchitectural practices worldwide have to deal with increasingly complex design requirements. How do practices acquire the ability to do so? The Changing Shape of Practice provides a handbook of examples for practices that wish to integrate more research into their work and a reference book for students that seek to prepare themselves for the changing shape of practice in architecture. It addresses the increasing integration of research undertaken in architectural practices of different sizes ranging from small to very large practices from the UK, USA, Europe and Asia. The book is organized according to the size of the practices which is significant in that it addresses the different structures and resourcing requirements that are enabled by specific practice sizes, as this determines and constrains the type, scope and modes of research available to a given practice. The practices covered include: Woods Bagot Perkins + Will White AECOM UN Studio Shop Architects PLP Architecture Kieran Timberlake 3XN ONL AZPML Thomas Herzog + Partners Herreros Arquitectos Spacescape OCEAN Design Research Association By taking stock of the current shape of practice, the book provides essential information for professional architects who are integrating research into their practice.
- Author BiographyDr Michael U. Hensel is an architect, researcher, educator and writer. He is a professor and director of the Research Center for Architecture and Tectonics at the Oslo School of Architecture and Design. He is founding and current chairman of the OCEAN Design Research Association and of SEA (Sustainable Environments Association), and author and editor of numerous books including Performance-oriented Architecture and Grounds and Envelopes, with Jeffrey P. Turko. Dr. Fredrik Nilsson is an architect, professor of architectural theory, and head of the Department of Architecture at Chalmers University of Technology. He is Chief Research Strategist at White Arkitekter, where he was head of R&D 2007-2014, and he is currently director of the research environment 'Architecture in the Making: Architecture as a Making Discipline and Material Practice', funded by the Swedish research council Formas. Nilsson frequently publishes articles, architectural criticism and reviews of books.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note235 colour illustrations, 230 colour illustrations, 5 colour line drawings
- Weight728 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byFredrik Nilsson,Michael U. Hensel
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.