Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBoron has all the best tunes. That may well be the first impression of the Group 13 elements. The chemical literature fosters the impression t only in the primary journals, but also in asteady outflowofbooks focussing more or less closely on boron and its compounds. The same preoccupation with boron is apparent in the coverage received by the Group 13 elements in the comprehensive and regularly updated volume of the Gmelin Handbook. Yet such an imbalance cant be explained by any inherent lack ofvariety, interest or consequence in the 'heavier elements. Aluminium is the most abundant metal in the earth's crust; in the industrialised world the metal is second only to iron in its usage, and its compounds can justifiably be said to touch our lives daily - to the potential detriment of those and other lives, some would argue. From being chemical curios, gallium and indium have w gained considerably prominence as sources of compound semiconductors like gallium arsenide and indium antimonide. Nor is there any want ofincident in the chemistriesofthe heavier Group 13 elements. In their redox, coordination and structural properties, there is to be found music indeed, table t always for its harmony but invariably for its richness and variety. Thisbook seeks to redress the balance with a definitive, wide-rangingand up-to-date review of the chemistry of the Group 13 metals aluminium, gallium, indium and thallium.
- PublisherChapman and Hall
- Date of Publication01/05/1993
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChapman and Hall
- Content Notebiography
- Weight2060 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byA. J. Downs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.