All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe care about that for which we have feelings. If our children grow up with feeling of connection to nature, or a sense of their place in nature, then they will t care deeply eugh to protect it. In The Chewies, the latest book for very young children from naturalist educator Josef Partners, the author continues to sow the seeds of humanitarian, animal and environmental stewardship in young children and their parents. The Chewies introduces children to some of the most beloved members of the Chisel Tooth Family, including Ari Squirrel, Annarell Rabbit and King Beaver, who help children realize their own connection to the natural world. Like Partners' first book, KK's Hope, this animal fantasy is both entertaining and educational. Partners' charming, rhyming text and Rachael Mahaffey's wonderfully whimsical illustrations make The Chewies the perfect book for reading aloud and bedtime storytime. Parents and mentors should be prepared to hear Can you read it just one more time, pleeeze?!
- Author BiographyAuthor Biography Josef Partners is a naturalist educator and humanitarian and environmental stewardship advocate. His children's picture books and website, www.childrensnatureguide.com, promote lifelong reading, early childhood development and nature play and cultural diversity for kids and families. An avid reader and young naturalist as a child, and all throughout his life, Partners made a heartfelt career change in 1996 after enjoying careers in marketing, advertising, public relations, and corporate communications. He attributes his successes in all of his work endeavors to his early reading and childhood nature play experiences and the resulting creativity development they fostered. He has also established the Children's Nature Education Legacy Project, which advocates grassroots family and small business community stewardship. The organization also documents, through books and other educational resources, the evolving approaches that have been applied by educators, parents, adult mentors and nature organizations, to early childhood nature education in America. Partners welcomes reader feedback and inquiries at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Joseph Partners
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $42.83Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.