Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarning praise from scientists, journalists, faculty, and students, The Chicago Guide to Writing about Numbers has helped thousands of writers communicate data clearly and effectively. Its publication offered a much - needed bridge between good quantitative analysis and clear expository writing, using straight forward principles and efficient prose. With this new edition, Jane E. Miller draws on a decade of additional experience and research, expanding her advice on reaching everyday audiences and further integrating n-print formats. Miller opens by introducing a set of basic principles for writing about numbers, then presents a toolkit of techniques that can be applied to prose, tables, charts, and presentations. Throughout, she emphasizes flexibility, showing writers that different approaches work for different kinds of data and different types of audiences. The second edition adds a chapter on writing about numbers for lay audiences, explaining how to avoid overwhelming readers with jargon. Also new is an appendix comparing the contents and formats of speeches, research posters, and papers, to teach writers how to create all three without starting each from scratch. An expanded companion website includes new resources such as slide shows and podcasts that illustrate the concepts and techniques, along with an updated study guide of problem sets and course extensions. This continues to be the only book that brings together all the tasks that go into writing about numbers in one volume. Field-tested with students and professionals alike, this holistic book is the go - to guide for everyone who writes or speaks about numbers.
- Author BiographyJane E. Miller is a research professor at the Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research and the School of Planning and Public Policy at Rutgers University, as well as the faculty director of Project L/EARN. She is the author of The Chicago Guide to Writing about Multivariate Analysis, Second Edition, also from the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Jane E. Miller
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2015
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleChicago Guides to Writing, Editing and Publishing
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note22 halftones, 47 line drawings, 23 tables
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.