All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs state support and federal research funding dwindle, universities are increasingly viewing their intellectual property portfolios as lucrative sources of potential revenue. Nearly all research universities w have a techlogy transfer office to manage their intellectual property, but many are struggling to navigate this new world of university-industry partnerships. Given the substantial investment in academic research and millions of dollars potentially at stake, identifying best practices in university techlogy transfer and academic entrepreneurship is of paramount importance. The Chicago Handbook of University Techlogy Transfer and Academic Entrepreneurship is the first definitive source to synthesize state-of-the-art research in this arena. Edited by three of the foremost experts in the field, the handbook presents evidence from entrepreneurs, administrators, regulators, and professors in numerous disciplines. Together they address the key managerial and policy implications through chapters on how to sustain successful research ventures, stimulate academic entrepreneurship, maintain effective open invation strategies, and improve the performance of university techlogy transfer offices.
- Author BiographyAlbert N. Link is professor of economics at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Donald S. Siegel is dean of the School of Business and professor of management at the University at Albany, SUNY. Mike Wright is professor of entrepreneurship and head of the Department of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Imperial College Business School in London. He is also associate director of the Enterprise Research Center and director of the Center for Management Buyout Research.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication14/04/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note17 halftones, 2 line drawings, 13 tables
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAlbert N. Link,Donald S. Siegel,Mike Wright
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.