All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Richard Nixon said We are all Keynesians w in 1971, few could have predicted that the next three decades would result in a complete transformation of the global ecomic landscape. The transformation was led by a small, relatively obscure group within the University of Chicago's business school and its departments of ecomics and political science. These thinkers -- including Milton Friedman, Gary Becker, George Stigler, Robert Lucas, and others -- revolutionized ecomic orthodoxy in the second half of the 20th century, dominated the Nobel Prizes awarded in ecomics, and changed how business is done around the world. Written by a leading European ecomic thinker, The Chicago School is the first in-depth look at how this remarkable group came together. Exhaustively detailed, it provides a close recounting of the decade-by-decade progress of the Chicago School's evolution. As such, it's an essential contribution to the intellectual history of our time.
- Author BiographyJohan Van Overtveldt is the director of Belgium-based think-tank VKW Metena, which works on a breadth of economics-related issues. Former editor-in-chief of the Belgian newspaper Trends, he has written several books in Dutch on economics-related issues and contributes freely to the Wall Street Journal Europe.
- Author(s)Johan van Overtveldt
- PublisherAgate Publishing
- Date of Publication20/01/2009
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAgate Publishing
- Weight571 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementFirst Trade Paper Edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.