All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile keeping chickens certainly isn't rocket science, doing it properly does involve decent levels of understanding, commitment, and attention to detail. Getting the basics right is essential, and this demands a solid appreciation of important areas such as housing, feeding, breed choice, and health requirements. There is plenty to think about for those getting their first chickens, and careful planning is the key to a successful initial experience. One thing that complicates matters is the chickens' ability to disguise problems. Although this might seem a useful ability, it actually makes recognising trouble in the crucial, early stages that much more difficult, even for experienced owners. And although chickens are remarkably resilient creatures, like any other animal kept in the domestic environment they remain vulnerable to the effects of neglect and poor levels of welfare. There is plenty of potential for things to go wrong and, unfortunately, it's always the chickens that suffer when problems strike. The Chicken Keeper's Problem Solver explains the causes of, and provides solutions for, 100 of the most common problems faced by chicken owners.
- Author BiographyChris Graham has been the editor of market-leading Practical Poultry magazine (www.practicalpoultry.com) since it launched in 2004. As a trained photographer and experienced editor, he worked for 20 years on motoring magazines, then made a welcome switch to the rural sector. He now also edits Practical Pigs magazine, and is the author of Choosing and Keeping Chickens (Hamlyn, 2006) and Wisdom for Hen Keepers (Taunton Press, 2013). Married to Rachel, and with three children, Chris keeps chickens, quail, pigs, cats, a dog, and a number of elderly lawn mowers at his home in rural East Sussex.
- Author(s)Chris Graham
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCrows Nest
- Width170 mm
- Height227 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.