All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe Child is an examination of the structure and dynamics of the earliest developments of ego and individuality. In it we progress from the primal relationship of a child and mother through to the emergence of the ego-Self constellation, via the child's relationship to its own body, its Self, the Thou and being-in-the-world. We move from the matriarchate to the patriarchate; from participation mystique to the standpoint of the Self around which the ego revolves as around the sun .
- Author BiographyErich Neumann, one of C.G. Jung's pupils, was among the most creative in building on Jung's work and carrying it forward in new explorations and syntheses. Before he met Jung he was trained in philosophy and medicine. He was also a poet and novelist. A native of Germany, he completed his medicinal studies in Berlin but, owing to the activities of the Nazis, left Germany in 1934 and, after studying with Jung in Zurich, emigrated to Tel Aviv. His range of understanding is apparent in his writings of which the major works have been translated into English. These include: 'The Great Mother; Art and the Creative Unconscious; Depth Psychology and a New Ethic' and 'The Child: Structure and Dynamics of the Nascent Personality'.
- Author(s)Erich Neumann
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1988
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byR. Manheim
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.