All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a combination of the four Gospels into one storyline of Christ's life. Included are his birth, miracles, teachings, death, and resurrection. It has been written for those who have t the leisure, or the books, needed for threading together the fragmentary and scattered incidents recorded in the four Gospels. Thirty two works of art by Heinrich Hofmann, Bernard Plockhorst and others, help visualize this rich time in history. The text is updated to modern language.
- Author BiographyHESBA STRETTON (1832-1911) was born in Wellington, England. She had the good fortune of being able to read books from her father's bookshop, a printer of evangelical literature. Her mother was a strong evangelical, but died when Sarah was young. When Sarah Smith began writing, Hesba Stretton was her pen name, Stretton coming from the name of a neighboring village, and Hesba coming from the initials of her siblings. She wrote Jessica's First Prayer in 1867, which became one of her most beloved stories. It sold very well and was translated into many languages. Other best sellers were Little Meg's Children and Alone in London. She was familiar with the troubles of street children whom she visited and helped. She wrote over 60 books and stories which highlight Biblical principles.
- Author(s)Hesba Stretton
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byCharles J Doe
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.