All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChile peppers bring both sweet and fiery zest to dishes - discover a fascinating and seemingly endless variety within the pages of this delightful book. Contrary to popular belief, a pepper does t need to make your eyes water or start a fire in your mouth to qualify as a chile. Chile is simply the common name for the fruit of the capsicum plant. Chiles come in a wide variety of colours, shapes and flavours. And spellings: chile in the original, authentic Spanish, chilli in English. This comprehensive book (which serves as both a reference and a cookbook) from bestselling author and expert researcher Judith Finlayson takes you through the many varieties of chiles and provides absorbing information on everything from the historical and geographic origins of chiles, information on The Scoville Scale (it measures the hotness of a chile and was invented by Wilbur Scoville), health benefits and finally, 250 delicious and inventive recipes. From fiery Tex-Mex inspired meals to savoury and sweet Thai, this collection of recipes are sure to make you a lover of all things chile! Here's just a tempting sample of the dishes that await you: Appetizers like Cheese Arepas, Fresh Cucumber Kimchi, Guacamole, Indian-Style Roti are the perfect jumping off point for any dinner and sumptuous soups like Mulligatawny, Thai Coconut Chicken and Pepper Black Bean Soup bring warmth and comfort on a cold winter's day. Chiles add their wonderful and distinctive flavour to fish and seafood and this is highlighted beautifully in Jamaican-Style Fish Cakes, Paella, Shrimp Creole, Bahia-Style Chowder. And Judith's beef and veal recipes marry beautifully with chiles - resulting in delectable Mexican Meatballs, Chinese Beef with Orange, Beef Fajitas and Ropa Vieja. There are also recipes for sides, fresh salsas, sambals and chutneys, t to mention sauces, marinades, dressings and condiments. You're sure to enjoy the wealth of information and recipe in this book that's dedicated to the delights of chiles.
- Author BiographyJudith Finlayson is a bestselling author who has written over a dozen cookbooks which have sold over 1,000,000 copies.
- Author(s)Judith Finlayson
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content NoteOver 75 colour photos
- Weight1247 g
- Width197 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.