All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Scotland to Sandbanks and Santorini Jake Dillon is lured into ather thrilling assignment opposing an inimitable yet unseen adversary - the ultimate destructive techlogy - The Chimera Code! Escaping death and cheating Assassins Dillon seeks out those that demand the destruction of 'Scorpion' - the British Government's secret organisation that exists to fight a covert war against fanatics of every faith and political persuasion. Dillon's extraordinary skills wreak havoc amongst his adversaries, traitors and terrorists alike, against all the odds in a bid to stop the unleashing of the ultimate viral weapon, and the global institutional and personal meltdown that will surely follow... This, some would say, is the closest we have come to the 'real' Jake Dillon. This journey sees him chasing an invisible enemy and along the way Jake reveals some of the inner demons that make him the urban warrior that he is. Accompanied by Vince Sharpe, and some familiar accomplices from his past, Jake leaves the sanctuary of his Scottish home to halt the power of a double turncoat ex-KGB spy and an international terrorist of middle-eastern origin. This toxic team has developed the inimitable Chimera Code under the guise of a British Government initiative! The Chimera Code is incredibly powerful - it is a programme that is able to gain access and interact with any computer programme or database - encrypted or t - in the blink of an eye. It can isolate any computer by accessing every available on-line resource. It then up-loads a tiny piece of mal-ware that eventually destroys the hard drive. But t before taking control of the system and downloading every single piece of data on it - it also is self-perpetuating and can morph and develop itself so that there is anti virus software in the land that can combat its power or 'virtual intellect'. With a deadly army of Assassins behind the complex international threat Jake finds himself, and those close to him, in mortal danger. His cunning and experience is pushed beyond limits that previously didn't exist in this action-packed vel that fights its battles on the waves, in the air and on terra firma across the globe! Rules were made to be broken in this Dillon thriller!
- Author BiographyAuthor Andrew Towning's writing talents bear more than an uncanny resemblance to the characteristics of the area in which he lives! Thrilling, gripping and exciting assets that include; the treacherous coastline, the unpredictable weather conditions, the dramatic tides and stunning beaches! His style can also be compared to Dorset's infamous Sandbanks peninsula where so much of the action in his Jake Dillon series of thrillers is set: rich, intriguing and inspirational. At 52 Andrew has written four Jake Dillon novels. After over 200 rejections Andrew sealed a New York publisher in 2006. His novels now are widely available through Amazon and Waterstones on line and fans of the Dillon series eagerly await a 2013 publish date for Jake Dillon v! Andrew says of writing: I had aspired to write just one novel for many years but as I'm a business owner, husband and a father of two, time was limited to say the least! I spent two years researching and writing my first novel The Constantine Legacy and another 18 months sourcing a publisher! I have had three novels published (Dead Men Don't Bite and Shroud of Concealment complete the hat trick) - I now have met my original contractual agreement - and now I have exciting plans for the next phase of my hero character, former Army Intelligence Officer, Jake Dillon's thrilling and unpredictable career! Andrew says of the successes his three novels: The books see Jake travel internationally, with a constant theme through his links to Dorset, and to a lesser extent the Channel Islands. Those visiting and living in the area will recognise some of the more remarkable landmarks and countryside which I know bring my books even more to life! The mere existence of Jake Dillon is thrilling, his lack of respect for the 'establishment', bare fisted determination and underlying integrity in the face of adversity make for a gripping series of novels - if you've enjoyed Le Carre, Brown or MacNab - put Towning on your read list, his work is a cunning concoction of all three! Asked if he has subconsciously morphed any of his own characteristics through his pen to Dillon, Andrew modestly suggests that one asks his wife - however if his looks are to go by we bet they have more in common that he dares to let on! The Constantine Legacy, Dead Men Don't Bite, Shroud of Concealment and The Chimera Code are published by Andrew and are widely available on line. www.andrewtowning.co.uk
- Author(s)Andrew Towning
- Date of Publication19/12/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width140 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.90Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.