The Chinese Century: The Rising Chinese Economy and Its Impact on the Global Economy, the Balance of Power, and Your Job by Oded Shenkar (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy 2015, China may well have the world's largest ecomy. In The Chinese Century, Oded Shenkar shows how China is restoring its imperial glory by infusing modern techlogy and market ecomics into a n-democratic system controlled by the Communist party and bureaucracy. Shenkar shows why China's quest for global success differs radically from predecessors such as Japan, India, and Mexico...why it represents a fundamental restructuring of the global business system...and why it will transform the roles of participants in the global ecomy. He previews tomorrow's new competitive ground rules, terms of employment, and consumption patterns, and shows how Chinese ascendancy is redrawing political, ecomic, and social battle lines. Learn why the U.S. is most vulnerable to China's ascent...how China's disregard for intellectual property creates sustainable competitive advantage...how China's growth impacts global businesses and individual purchasing decisions. Above all, Shenkar shows what you must do to survive and prosper in The Chinese Century.
- Author BiographyOded Shenkar is Ford Motor Company Chair in Global Business Management at the Fisher College of Business, Ohio State University. His research interests include international business, comparative and international management, and strategic and managerial issues pertaining to international strategic alliances, with a focus on China and East Asia. Dr. Shenkar has published numerous books and articles on international business and management and on China in particular. He also has edited several books, including Handbook for International Management Research Second Edition and International Business. Dr. Shenkar serves on the editorial boards of the Academy of Management Executive, Journal of Cross-Cultural Management, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management Inquiry, Management International Review, Human Relations, and Organization Studies. He advises multinational firms, national and state governments, and international organizations, and serves as a member of the Conference Board Council of Integration Executives. He holds a Ph.D. from Columbia University, New York. (c) Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
- Author(s)Oded Shenkar
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication13/10/2004
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight426 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.