All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chinese Revolution is long in the making, an unfolding process that has spanned most of the twentieth century. This comprehensive and ready-reference guide will help students and interested readers to understand the process and the events that have contributed to the ongoing revolution in the most populous nation on earth. Seven essays provide information and analysis of the revolution from the first decades of this century through 1998. Ready-reference components include lengthy biographical sketches of the seventeen most important and influential leaders in twentieth-century Chinese history, and the text of nine primary documents provides direct access to their words, which shaped the Revolution. A timeline of significant events, a glossary of selected terms, and an antated bibliography of suggested reading for students add value to the guide. The first essay puts the Chinese Revolution into the context of Chinese culture and practice, especially in light of Confucian teaching, and examines national and international events that contributed to the Revolution. Five essays examine specific aspects of the Chinese Revolution: the thought of Mao Zedong; the political philosophy of Deng Xiaoping; the multiethnic character of China; China's relations with the United States and the Soviet Union; and China's interest in Hong Kong and Taiwan. A concluding essay assesses the consequences of the Chinese Revolution. The essays, biographical sketches, primary documents, timeline, and antated bibliography all contribute to this comprehensive yet accessible student's guide.
- Author BiographyEDWARD J. LAZZERINI is Professor of History at the University of New Orleans.
- Author(s)Edward J. Lazzerini
- Date of Publication30/10/1999
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleGreenwood Press Guides to Historic Events of the Twentieth Century
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteglossary, bibliography, index
- Weight496 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.