All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides a detailed insight into China's endeavours to acquire the advanced technical competencies which lie at the heart of modern telecommunications. Detailed first hand material is presented in two contrasting case studies in the field of public digital switching systems. The book explores the deep problems that beset the former socialist system, how these are changing in the face of China's ecomic transition and its distinctive techlogical policy of walking on two legs . A guide to China, this book also offers insights into the issues facing other developing countries. It should be of interest to lecturers and researchers, particularly in the areas of Chinese studies, development studies, techlogical invation and telecommunications, and individuals in relevant high techlogy industries and in government and international agencies concerned with techlogical development.
- Author BiographyHaving completed her doctoral program at Edinburgh University and after working at IMD as a research fellow, XIAOBAI SHEN is currently a consultant for China related business in Edinburgh. Dr Shen's interests in telecommunications technology date back to her undergraduate study and subsequent teaching experience in Telecommunications Engineering in Shanghai Railway University. She was among those who actively introduced modern management methods to China and taught them to young managers in Shanghai Industries. She then moved to Beijing to take an M.Phil in Science and Technology Policy at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and worked for several years as a Research Fellow in the China Research Institute for Management Science. Having also worked in the manufacturing industry in China during the Cultural Revolution she is uniquely positioned to offer insight into Chinese business.
- Author(s)Xiaobai Shen
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/04/1999
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.