All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most controversial YA vels of all time, The Chocolate War is a modern masterpiece that speaks to fans of S. E. Hinton s The Outsiders and John Kwles s A Separate Peace. After suffering rejection from seven major publishers, The Chocolate War made its debut in 1974, and quickly became a bestselling and provocative classic for young adults. This chilling portrait of an all-boys prep school casts an unflinching eye on the pitfalls of conformity and corruption in our most elite cultural institutions. Masterfully structured and rich in theme; the action is well crafted, well timed, suspenseful. The New York Times Book Review The characterizations of all the boys are superb. School Library Journal, starred review Compellingly immediate. . . . Readers will respect the uncompromising ending. Kirkus Reviews, starred review An ALA Best Book for Young Adults A School Library Journal Best Book of the Year A Kirkus Reviews Editor s Choice A New York Times Outstanding Book of the Year
- Author BiographyRobert Cormier (1925-2000) changed the face of young adult literature over the course of his illustrious career. His many books include The Chocolate War, I Am the Cheese, Fade, Tenderness, After the First Death, Heroes, Frenchtown Summer, and The Rag and Bone Shop. In 1991 he received the Margaret A. Edwards Award, honoring his lifetime contribution to writing for teens.
- Author(s)Robert Cormier
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication14/09/2004
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleReaders Circle (Delacorte)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Weight318 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.