All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's Christmas Day in Stewarton and Irene Gordon's struggling to get in the festive spirit. Her eighteen-year-old daughter has just had a baby, her ex-husband's had a stroke and her eldest is having a breakdown. Even the Dr Who special is disappointing. To compensate, she gets Rab McGuire, a gift-wrapped male sex aid and an escaped chicken that won't be stuffed. The final chapter of the Stewarton trilogy ( The Wall and The Ducky ), D. C. Jackson's The Chooky Brae premiered in a Borderline Theatre Company production at the Palace Theatre, Kilmarck, in September 2010.
- Author BiographyThe first play in D. C. Jackson's 'Stewarton Trilogy' for Borderline Theatre Company, The Wall, won the Best Ensemble at the 2007-8 Critics' Awards for Theatre in Scotland and was shortlisted for the Saltire Society/ Royal Mail Scottish First Book of the Year Award. It was followed by The Ducky in 2009. The Chooky Brae completed the trilogy in 2010. My Romantic History was staged earlier in the same year by the Bush Theatre and Sheffield Crucible. He has also had short plays produced by Oran Mor (Matinee Idle, Drawing Bored, Out on the Wing and Company Policy) and the Arches Theatre Company (Hello, part of Spend a Penny). He is working on new plays for BBC Radio 4, the National Theatre of Scotland and the Royal Court, and was the Pearson Writer in Residence at the Royal Court for 2008.
- Author(s)D. C. Jackson
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication16/09/2010
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight120 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $25.19Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.