All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a swy Christmas Eve, a young man named Thomas on his way home for a family celebration realizes that the candle in his lantern is about to expire. He stops in a chandler's shop filled with fantastic wax creations, but instead of admiring them Thomas scorns the chandler for wasting his time on sculptures that will only melt. The mysterious old chandler sells him a special Christmas candle. Back on the bitterly cold street, the young man is accosted by an old beggar woman. When he lifts his lantern to get a better look, the candlelight reveals that she is his mother. He gives her his cloak and only then sees the truth: She is t his mother after all, but a stranger. The candle tricks him again before he reaches home, cold and penniless, but richer for his newfound realization that we are all part of one family. This intriguing original fable about charity is accompanied by lavish, mood-filled oil paintings by artist Jacob Collins. Together, author and artist have created an exquisite holiday gift book that will be treasured by the entire family.
- Author(s)Richard Paul Evans
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Date of Publication02/10/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width248 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jacob Collins
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.