Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful mid-autumn day, just the day for a Sunday drive in the country. At least that's what former journalist Art Parker; his wife, Dr. Marsha Parker; their sixteen-year-old adopted daughter, Mary Ann Markham; and her best friend, Jennifer Martin, think when they visit a hilltop in the western part of Mercer County that contains a Christmas tree farm; an old, apparently abandoned mansion; and... a corpse. If that isn't bad eugh, after reporting the corpse to Jennifer's uncle, Sheriff's Deputy J.J. McClure, the girls decide they want to disregard the No Trespassing sign and explore the mansion's interior--several times. As usual, they discover more dead bodies. Add to that a couple of kidnappings and a cache of smuggled goods, and they're lucky to escape with their lives before they finally discover the real murderer at a most unexpected location.
- Author BiographyBefore retiring in late 2004 John A. Miller, Jr. had worked for more than forty years in the fields of computers and telecommunications at several major corporations and universities. However, he always had a desire to write, so armed with a new computer in 1991 he sat down and began writing his first novel, Pima. Over the years John has continued writing as a sideline. Because he had lived in southern Arizona for a total of nearly ten years, first while serving in the U.S. Army in the mid-1960s and later while working for a Government contractor and then a private corporation, John decided to set his Pima series of novels in an area he knew well, the mountains and deserts of Arizona. Later short stories and novels are set in other locales. Now John makes his home in eastern Pennsylvania, the area where he grew up.
- Author(s)John A Miller Jr
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.