Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most prolific scholars of his time, John Capgrave (1393-1464) was the author of forty-one historical and theological texts. Today, only twelve survive, and only seven are in English. This work covers the history of the world from the creation of Adam to the year 1417. Beginning with a timeline of Biblical events, including the birth of Cain and the first example of bigamy, he covers Roman myth and history before continuing into accounts of early English monarchs and saints. This scholarly edition, first published in 1858, includes a biography of Capgrave, an introduction to the text and a transcript of The Chronicle. Comprehensive antations detail points of interest from the manuscript, such as corrections and scribal errors, accompanied by the editor's own marginal tes. Of interest to students of history, this book opens a fascinating window into both early modern and Victorian historiography.
- Author(s)John Capgrave
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Rolls
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 colour illus.
- Weight770 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byFrancis Charles Hingeston
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.