Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionJust how much can happen to a 15 year old boy during a 48 hour period. Well quite a lot if he happens to inherit a time machine from his dying grandfather. Now if that wasn't eugh he finds out that t only was his grandfather a time warrior but one of the most decorated time travellers of all time. At 4 pm his grandfather dies but by 5pm he is flying solo to meet his grandfather back in time. Very soon they have to hatch a plan so that scientists don't get their hands on the grandfather's body and find out how old his grandfather really was and how his body was rebuilt after years of fighting through the galaxy. During their adventures they meet with well kwn historical characters such as Michelangelo, King Arthur and a Samurai warrior called Akeda Nobuteru. Time travel can bring about some very funny situations that will bring a smile to your face. They also meet up with colourful characters such as Wormhole Willy, a tank commander in WW2, who was accidentally transported forward in time during a battle and w surfs the time continuum in a Sherman tank, frequently crashing. A loveable old rogue who ends up playing a large role in Trevor's life as his adventures continue. Trevor meets the Time Council for an apprenticeship hearing and leaves as they ask his grandfather ' you must tell us more of this Captain Kirk of the starship Enterprise'. His grandfather cautions him on the receptionist ' She's a Gamethon Trevor. They bite and I've got the scars to prove it!' Of all the girls in all the worlds Trevor has to fall in love along the way with the daughter of Akeda Nobuteru, a rewned samurai from 15th century Japan. In the words of his grandfather ....'Careful young Trevor she is 425 years older than you and she died 345 years before you were born. Just thought I would let you kw. We have to keep things in perspective my boy.' This relationship sparks a feud with a young evil samurai warrior during Trevor's samurai training. The evil samurai warrior pursues Trevor through time leading to many predicaments for Trevor to deal with. How did this happen? Did someone leave the keys to a time machine in the ignition? Each day Trevor returns to his hometown of Strahan in Tasmania visiting his school, his parents and friends who begin to tice his changing appearance. Each day Trevor has actually been time travelling for some months. They see the transition of a slightly built, shy, underperforming young boy into a strong confidant young man who seems to be growing older and taller by the day. His school uniform gets tighter, his muscles firmer. He deals with the school bully in typical samurai fashion and his friends Tiffany and Stty suspect something is going on. He then brings his new Japanese girlfriend Kimako to school. The trouble is she is from 1583. King Arthur's court is thrown into chaos when Trevor and Kimako demonstrate some martial art that suddenly turns very serious and Trevor has to decide on the life or death of a gladiator. It gets worse when Trevor takes his school friends for an unauthorised time trip and causes the evil samurai warrior to visit Strahan looking for his betrothed Japanese bride to be. If that wasn't all there is a secret agent on his tail and he is getting closer and closer. Wormhole Willy saves the day and meets someone who will change his life forever. 'Here comes Trubble', takes on a whole new meaning.
- Author BiographyMichael Fry has been a writer of tourism, fishing and travel articles for many years. He resides in Tasmania and is activily involved in tourism promotion in his region. Michael has led an active and interesting life in which he has served in the Australian Navy as an air controller and later in airport fire and rescue, airline management, and for some years owned and skippered his own paddlewheeler cruise boat. He currently runs a guesthouse in the remote west coast town of Strahan in Tasmania with his partner Carolyn. Michael has three daughters.
- Author(s)MR Michael D Fry,Michael D Fry
- Date of Publication09/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.