Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this series is to enable serious students of the New Testament-pastor's intermediate-level scholars, and disciplined, seeking lay people-to gain insights into and understanding of the basic meaning and intent of the New Testament writings by highlighting the context in which they were produced. While the commentaries build on detailed and precise scholarly kwledge concerning the new Testament and include fresh translations of the document under consideration, they do t presuppose kwledge of the original Greek New Testament or the Hebrew Scriptures on the part of the reader.The commentaries intend to make clear to the reader what are the major conceptual and cultural features of the work under analysis, and what role the document played in the origins of Christianity and in subsequent Christian thought.Church and Community in Crisis shows how Matthew's Gospel was shaped by an in response to local and regional tensions within Jewish society and culture in the post-70 C.E. period in Palestine.J. Andrew Overman teaches in the Department of Religion and Classics at Macalester College, Saint Paul, MN, and is the author of Matthew's Gospel and Formative Judaism: The Social World of the Matthean Community.
- Author BiographyJ. Andrew Overman teaches in the Department of Religion and Classics at Macalester College, Saint Paul, MN, and is the author of Matthew s Gospel and Formative Judaism: The Social World of the Matthean Community.
- Author(s)J. Andrew Overman
- PublisherContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/05/1995
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group - Trinity
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight519 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.