Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe Church of the Holy Spirit, written by Russian priest and scholar Nicholas Afanasiev (1893-1966), is one of the most important works of twentieth-century Orthodox theology. Afanasiev was a member of the -Paris School- of emigre intellectuals who gathered in Paris after the Russian revolution, where he became a member of the faculty of St. Sergius Orthodox Seminary. The Church of the Holy Spirit, which offers a rediscovery of the eucharistic and communal nature of the church in the first several centuries, was written over a number of years beginning in the 1940s and continuously revised until its posthumous publication in French in 1971.
- Author BiographyNicholas Afanasiev (1893-1986) was a Eastern Orthodox theologian who was ordinary professor of the St. Sergius Orthodox Theological Institute in Paris. He was born in Odessa, Russian Empire.
- Author(s)Nicholas Afanasiev
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content Note1 Illustration (black and white)
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMichael Plekon
- Translated byVitaly Permiak
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.