All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second of a series of four volumes that are intended to present a complete corpus of all the church buildings, of both the western and the oriental rites, rebuilt or simply in use in the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem between the capture of Jerusalem for the First Crusade in 1099 and the loss of Acre in 1291. This volume completes the general topographical coverage begun in volume I, and will be followed by a third volume dealing specifically with the major cities of Jerusalem, Acre and Tyre (which are excluded from the preceding volumes). The project, of which this series represents the final, definitive publication, has been sponsored by the British School of Archaeology in Jerusalem. On completion the corpus will contain a topographical listing of all the 400 or more church buildings of the Kingdom that are attested by documentary or surviving archaeological evidence, and individual descriptions and discussion of them in terms of their identification, building history and architecture. Some of the buildings have been published before, but many others are published here for the first time.
- Author(s)Denys Pringle
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleChurches of the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note200 b/w illus.
- Weight1080 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.