All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Churchills dominated world politics for generations - but, like every family, they too have their secrets. Winston's mother, Jennie, had an affair with the Prince of Wales, later King Edward VII, and her spendthrift habits devastated the family's reputation. The younger brother, Jack, played a crucial role both in Winston's successes and in holding the family together during tough times. From Sir Randolph's alleged syphilis to Winston's illegitimacy, from Jennie's gambling problem to Jack's dashed ambitions, authors Celia and John Lee use never-before-seen archives to cut through the rumors and lies and get to the truth about the life of the former prime minister and his relationship with his family.
- Author BiographyCelia and John Lee are honorary research fellows of the Centre for First World War Studies at the University of Birmingham, members of the British Commission for Military History, the Gallipoli Association, the Western Front Association, the Douglas Haig Fellowship,the Churchill Center (UK), and the Biographers' Club. They live in London.
- Author(s)Celia Lee,John Lee
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/05/2011
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note0
- Weight301 g
- Width146 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.