All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Church's History of Injustices and Why This Priest Left grew out of the Church's role in the civil rights movement of the 1960's and outlines the Church's role in civil rights from the New Testament through the present time. John Sheehy focuses on the Catholic Church, but includes all Christian deminations, exposing t only the Church's lack of interest in the basic rights of people, but it's role as perpetuator of social injustice. Sheehy, a former priest, examines the Church's actions, finding prejudice against Jews, marriage, women, homosexuals, and others. Sheehy also examines such prominent events as the Inquisition, the Crusades, and heresy, gradually becoming distraught at the actions of the Church he served. His study brings forth a conclusion that the church is outmoded and longer functional in any area of social justice and this caused him to decide that he could longer serve under its auspices.
- Author BiographyJohn F. Sheehy is a former priest, a business consultant, and Adjunct Professor of Philosophy at Purdue University North Central.
- Author(s)John F. Sheehy
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/01/1999
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width116 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.