All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive study of prolific British filmmaker Michael Winterbottom explores the thematic, stylistic, and intellectual consistencies running through his eclectic and controversial body of work. This volume undertakes a close analysis of a TV series directed by Winterbottom and sixteen of his films ranging from television dramas to transnational co-productions featuring Hollywood stars, and from documentaries to costume films. The critique is centered on Winterbottom's collaborative working practices, political and cultural contexts, and critical reception. Arguing that his work delineates a 'cinema of borders', this study examines Winterbottom's treatment of sexuality, class, ethnicity, and national and international politics, as well as his quest to adequately narrate inequality, injustice, and violence.
- Author BiographyBruce Bennett is Director of Film Studies at Lancaster University. He is coeditor of Cinema and Technology: Cultures, Theories, Practices (2008). Other publications include articles on celebrity culture, photography, Georges Bataille, the cinema of James Cameron and the Hollywood blockbuster, and the war on terror in film and television.
- Author(s)Bruce Bennett
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleDirectors' Cuts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content Note20
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.