All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cinematic Tango explores the cultural politics of over sixty years of filmmaking in Argentina. From the 1940s when film was a successful studio product throughout Latin America to the 1980s post-dictatorship period when national cinema was utilised by the state as a public relations tool abroad, Tamara L. Falicov explores how national culture on film has been shaped, articulated and debated through the lens of state policy and the dynamics of the global film market. This volume provides in-depth analysis of Argentina's contemporary period of the 1990s under the Menem administration when financial incentives led to t only the production of commercial 'blockbusters' but also a period that afforded new opportunities to first-time directors, sparking a recent surge of low-budget, independent filmmaking that has come to be kwn as 'The New Argentine Cinema'.
- Author BiographyTamara L. Falicov is Associate Professor in the Department of Theatre and Film and Latin American Studies at the University of Kansas.
- Author(s)Tamara L. Falicov
- PublisherWallflower Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width164 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.