All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudies of human movement have proliferated in recent years. This greatly expanded and thoroughly updated reference surveys the literature on the corticospinal control of spinal cord circuits in human subjects, showing how different circuits can be studied, their role in rmal movement and how they malfunction in disease states. Chapters are highly illustrated and consistently organised, reviewing, for each pathway, the experimental background, methodology, organisation and control, role during motor tasks and changes in patients with CNS lesions. Each chapter concludes with a helpful resume that can be used independently of the main text to provide practical guidance for clinical studies. The final four chapters bring together the changes in transmission in spinal and corticospinal pathways during movement and how they contribute to the desired movement. This book is essential reading for research workers and clinicians involved in the study, treatment and rehabilitation of movement disorders.
- Author BiographyEmmanuel Pierrot-Deseilligny is Emeritus Professor of Clinical Neurophysiology and Rehabilitation at the Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris. David Burke is the Bushell Professor of Neurology at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and Associate Dean at Sydney Medical School, the University of Sydney.
- Author(s)David Burke,Emmanuel Pierrot-Deseilligny
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note127 b/w illus. 9 tables
- Weight1480 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.