All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $21.31Free postage
- AU $23.49Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionDongzhou City needs a new mayor. Devious plots, seduction, blackmail and bribery are all on the table in a -holds-barred scramble for prestige and personal gain as the city's two vice-mayors compete for the top hour. At the centre of it all is a humble witness to events, a tebook whose pages contain information they should t ...Penned by a former insider, The Civil Servant's Notebook is a political page-turner that offers a glimpse into the complex psyches of those who roam the guarded halls of Chinese officialdom.
- Author BiographyWang Xiaofang was born in 1963 in Shenyang, northeast China, and was private secretary to Shenyang Deputy Mayor Ma Xiangdong from 1997-1999. Ma achieved infamy for gambling and losing millions in public money in Macau's casinos, and was later sentenced to death for his crimes. Wang Xiaofang was found innocent of any involvement and left the service in 1999 to begin a career as political fiction writer. He has published thirteen novels of political fiction in China, and his works regularly top the bestseller charts. This is the first of his books to be published in English.
- Author(s)Wang Xiaofang
- PublisherPenguin China
- Date of Publication23/12/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleChina Library
- Place of PublicationBeijing
- Country of PublicationChina
- First Published2015
- ImprintPenguin China
- Weight294 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.