Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionA native of Warren County, Iowa, Cyrus F. Boyd served a year and a half as an orderly sergeant with the Fifteenth Iowa Infantry before becoming first lieutenant in Company B of the Thirty-Fourth Iowa Infantry. His diary - expanded in 1896 from a pocket diary he carried on his campaigns from Indiala, Iowa, to Lake Providence, Louisiana - offers a full account of soldiering in the Union army. Before his promotion, Boyd was an intermediary between privates and company officers, a position that offered him unique opportunities to observe the attitudes and activities of both the unit leaders and their men. The outspoken Boyd frankly expresses his opinions of his comrades and his commanders, candidly depicts camp life, and intricately details the gory events on the battlefield. Although t always pleasant reading, The Civil War Diary of Cyrus F. Boyd is a vibrant, honest chronicle of one man's experiences in the bloody conflict.
- Author BiographyMildred Throne was associate editor of the State Historical Society of Iowa.
- Author(s)Cyrus F. Boyd
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1998
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Note7 halftones, 1 map
- Weight250 g
- Width142 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Volume editorMildred Throne
- Introduction byEarl J. Hess
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.