Save on Other
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $20.02
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $12.91
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.02
- AU $16.36Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $22.50Trending at AU $22.87
About this product
- DescriptionA thorough look at the Civil War and Reconstruction--from family life to favorite pastimes. Characterized by the tragedy of the Civil War and its aftermath, the period of 1860 to 1876 presented the greatest challenge to a still young national government. The battle to abolish slavery and reform the country after the secession of 11 Southern states was led by Abraham Lincoln. Throughout this turmoil, a burgeoning industrial ecomy--made possible largely by the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad in 1869--began to transform the American ecomy and society just as profoundly as the effects of the war. Offering readers a fascinating glimpse into this period in history, The Civil War and Reconstruction is written in an easy-to-read narrative format enhanced by helpful further reading lists and black-and-white illustrations.
- Author BiographyGeneral editor Rodney P. Carlisle earned his B.A. in history from Harvard and both his M.A. and Ph.D. in history from the University of California in Berkeley. He is a former chair of the history department at Rutgers University in Camden, where he taught for more than 30 years, specializing in 20th-century history. Carlisle is now professor emeritus there. He has written and edited many articles and more than 10 books on history, including The Thirties in Facts On File's Day by Day series.
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckmark Books
- Content Note109 black-&-white photographs & illustrations, 3 maps, index, further reading lists, box features
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.