All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe beautiful game as we kw it today was founded at the end of the nineteenth century. The history of football as a sport in England can be traced back to at least the eighth century, but the laws of the modern game were first standardised between 1848 and 1886. Charles William Alcock has been described as one of the fathers of the modern game. In 1871, as Secretary of the Football Association, he founded the world's oldest footballing competition, the FA Cup. He set down much of the history and kwledge he had accumulated over his long career in this, one of the very first 'manuals' of the sport, in 1906.
- Author BiographyCharles William Alcock (2 December 1842 - 26 February 1907) was an influential English sportsman and administrator. He was a major instigator in the development of both international football and cricket, as well as being the creator of the FA Cup. He was the Vice President of the Football Association and the Editor of the Football Annual.
- Author(s)C. W. Alcock
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/06/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleThe Classic Guide
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note30
- Weight249 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.