All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Polo is perhaps the most ancient of games.' Often called the 'Sport of Kings', the fast and furious game of polo has a long and varied history. Originating in Persia, the popularity of the game spread to North Africa, China and the Indian subcontinent, where it was picked up by the British. Polo is w played professionally in numerous countries and continues to inspire as a sport celebrating the alliance between human and horse, as enjoyable to observe with a drink in hand as it is in which to participate. In 1905, T. F. Dale created the definitive manual for the sport, explaining its origins and rules, offering strategic advice, and reflecting on what might be to come. The Classic Guide to Polo reveals that Dale's instructions and observations are as relevant today as they were at the beginning of the twentieth century.
- Author(s)T. F. Dale
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Series TitleThe Classic Guide to...
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note20
- Weight318 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.