All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, Jan Bazant analyses the tradition of ancient Greece and Rome in the art of Bohemia from the 10th to the 14th century. Bohemia is of great interest in this respect because it was never part of the Roman Empire and there was, consequently, Roman tradition per se. The Classical Tradition in Czech Medieval Art is a scholarly book, the first mographic treatment on this subject: but it is t intended exclusively for art historians. Its unique appeal for the general reader is that it deals with current topical problems of the growth of culture and the relation between art, ecomics, politics and religion.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jan Bazant is Head of the Department of Antiquity in the Institute of Classical Studies, Czech Academy of Sciences, and Associate Professor at the Charles University, Prague. He is a classical archaeologist and art historian who has published widely on Art, Ancient Greek and Roman Art, and the Classical Tradition.
- Author(s)Jan Bazant
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig.
- Weight450 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Translated byTorquil Carlisle,Gerard Turner
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.26Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.28Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.