All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho first thought of atoms? How much can you learn about archaeology from an oil lamp? Who came up with the theory of the 'wandering womb'? Oxford Classicist Jane Hood delves into the history, culture, literature, mythology and philosophy of ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt, using her expert eye to unearth unexpected gems, glittering fragments and quotable nuggets from a lost world. From ancient cosmetics to the earliest kwn computer, from the deciphering of ancient languages to the amazing things the Romans did with concrete, this is the essential miscellany for all curious minds, whether you learned the Classics at school or t.
- Author BiographyJane Hood has been a lecturer in Classical Languages and Literature, and in Philosophy, ending up as a Fellow in Ancient Philosophy at the University of Oxford specialising in Aristotle and Ancient Medicine. She has held Research Fellowships in Philosophy in Paris and in Ancient Medicine with the Wellcome Institute in London. She is also a qualified teacher who has taught people from the age of 4 to 72. She likes nothing more than a few peaceful moments by the sea on the Gower in South Wales.
- Author(s)Jane C. Hood
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.