All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe Classics of Western Philosophy brings together 61 newly--commissioned essays on classic texts ranging from Ancient Greece to the twentieth century. Surveying the history of philosophy, the book focuses on historical texts rather than historical figures and covers the entire range of classics in a single volume. * Provides 61 chapters written by leading experts on the classics of Western thought. * Includes current references to the scholarly literature in addition to a select bibliography of major articles and books. * Contributors include C.D.C. Reeve on Platoa s Republic, Terrence Irwin on Aristotlea s Nicomachean Ethics, Dominic Oa Meara on Plotinusa Enneads, James Ross on Aquinasa Summa Theologiae, Don Garrett on Spizaa s Ethics, Allen Wood on Kanta s Critique of Pure Reason, Stephen Houlgate on Hegela s Phemelogy of Spirit, Michael Dummett on Fregea s 'Auber Sinn und Bedeutung,a Hanjo Glock on Wittgensteina s Tractatus Logico--Philosophicus and David Woodruff Smith on Husserla s Logical Investigations. * Surveys the history of philosophy by focussing on the historical texts rather than historical figures. * Covers the entire range of classics in a single volume.
- Author BiographyJorge J. E. Gracia is Samuel P. Capen Chair and Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the State University of New York at Buffalo. He is author of several books, including Hispanic/Latino Identity (Blackwell, 2000) and How Can We Know What God Means? (2001). He is editor, with Timothy B. Noone, of A Companion to Philosophy in the Middle Ages (Blackwell, 2003). Gregory M. Reichberg is Senior Research Fellow at the International Peace Research Institute, Oslo (PRIO) and associate editor of the Journal of Military Ethics. He has published widely on the ethics of war and peace, and on topics in Thomistic philosophy. Bernard N. Schumacher is Privatdocent of Philosophy at the University of Fribourg, Switzerland. He is the author of Une philosophie de l'esperance (2000) and Auseinandersetzung mit dem Tode (2003). He is also the editor of several books, including Penser l'homme et la science (1996).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/12/2002
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight1024 g
- Width171 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byBernard N. Schumacher,Gregory M. Reichberg,Jorge J. E. Gracia
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.