All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI just don't get math. If you're a math teacher, you probably can't count the number of times you've heard students, parents, and even fellow teachers make a disparaging statement about your subject. As math teachers and instructional coaches, John Stevens and Matt Vaudrey kw how discouraging it feels to look out into a classroom full of disinterested and confused students. But they also kw how amazing it feels to see comprehension dawn in their students' eyes - when a concept suddenly makes sense and math becomes meaningful. In The Classroom Chef, John and Matt share their secret recipes, ingredients, and tips for serving up lessons that engage students and help them get math. You can use these ideas and methods as-is, or better yet, tweak them and create your own enticing educational meals. The message the authors want to convey is that, with imagination and preparation, every teacher can be a Classroom Chef. Far from bland or boring, the lessons and ideas in The Classroom Chef spark curiosity-and occasionally bewilderment and awe (yes, in math class). After all, mullets, ziplines, and sharks aren't standard topics for typical math classes. But maybe they should be.
- Author(s)John Stevens,Matt Vaudrey
- PublisherDave Burgess Consulting, Inc.
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDave Burgess Consulting, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.