All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in the Welsh Borders in 1980, The Claude Glass charts an unlikely friendship between two neighbours: Robin, the seven year old son of English hippie sheep farmers, and Andrew, a child so neglected by his impoverished parents that he is left almost mute, seeking solace among the farm dogs. Exploring his parents' semi-derelict farmhouse, Andrew finds an antique convex mirror - a Claude Glass - and, gazing into it, the two boys see their wild, rural landscape strangely ordered. But this comforting vision proves fragile as tensions and sexual jealousy rock the adult world around them. Written with a lyricism and freshness that echoes the work of Bruce Chatwin and Esther Freud, The Claude Glass draws you into the lives of its startling characters and their tarnished romance with nature.
- Author BiographyTom Bullough, age 26, grew up on a Welsh hill farm. He has worked as a music promoter in Zimbabwe and as a firewood deliveryman in Wales.
- Author(s)Tom Bullough
- PublisherSort of Books
- Date of Publication03/05/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSort of Books
- Weight260 g
- Width134 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.