All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Clayton is a City trader working the markets in London's Square Mile and living, financially, on borrowed time. But when he returns home to New York for his father's funeral to discover he has been left nearly $50 million in a numbered Swiss bank account, he's at a complete loss to explain how his professor father could have come by such a sum. Whatever the explanation, the mysterious windfall has come at exactly the right time. So he travels to Zurich, secures the funds, and tells his wife to make an offer on her dream country mansion. What Tom doesn't kw yet is that his father was being used as a 'ghost' to clean up dirty money by a New York laundry operation: really the money belongs to Carlos Morales, Medellin's biggest cocaine baron. Tom's actions in Europe spark a murderous turf war in the Americas between the cartels of Medellin and Cali, involving a cast of bent lawyers, cops, undercover DEA - and transatlantic assassins who'll stop at thing or one to make Tom pay his debt.
- Author BiographyBill Vidal was born in Argentina and educated in England. He lived and worked in the USA, South America, the Middle East, South East Asia and Europe before settling with his wife and twin children in East Kent. In recent years he has slowed down his business commitments to devote more time to writing and to his lifelong love for aeroplanes. Bill's articles about flying have been published in leading newspapers and magazines. The Clayton Account is his first novel.
- Author(s)Bill Vidal
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight198 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.41Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.