All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProgrammers who endure and succeed amidst swirling uncertainty and nstop pressure share a common attribute: They care deeply about the practice of creating software. They treat it as a craft. They are professionals. In The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers, legendary software expert Robert C. Martin introduces the disciplines, techniques, tools, and practices of true software craftsmanship. This book is packed with practical advice-about everything from estimating and coding to refactoring and testing. It covers much more than technique: It is about attitude. Martin shows how to approach software development with hor, self-respect, and pride; work well and work clean; communicate and estimate faithfully; face difficult decisions with clarity and honesty; and understand that deep kwledge comes with a responsibility to act. Readers will learn * What it means to behave as a true software craftsman * How to deal with conflict, tight schedules, and unreasonable managers * How to get into the flow of coding, and get past writer's block * How to handle unrelenting pressure and avoid burut * How to combine enduring attitudes with new development paradigms * How to manage your time, and avoid blind alleys, marshes, bogs, and swamps * How to foster environments where programmers and teams can thrive * When to say No -and how to say it * When to say Yes -and what yes really means Great software is something to marvel at: powerful, elegant, functional, a pleasure to work with as both a developer and as a user. Great software isn't written by machines. It is written by professionals with an unshakable commitment to craftsmanship. The Clean Coder will help you become one of them-and earn the pride and fulfillment that they alone possess.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Martin ( Uncle Bob ) has been a programmer since 1970. He is founder and president of Object Mentor, Inc., an international firm of highly experienced software developers and managers who specialize in helping companies get their projects done. Object Mentor offers process improvement consulting, object-oriented software design consulting, training, and skill development services to major corporations worldwide. Martin has published dozens of articles in various trade journals and is a regular speaker at international conferences and trade shows. He has authored and edited many books, including: *Designing Object Oriented C++ Applications Using the Booch Method *Patterns Languages of Program Design 3 *More C++ Gems *Extreme Programming in Practice *Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices *UML for Java Programmers *Clean Code A leader in the industry of software development, Martin served for three years as editor-in-chief of the C++ Report, and he served as the first chairman of the Agile Alliance. Robert is also the founder of Uncle Bob Consulting, LLC, and cofounder with his son Micah Martin of The Clean Coders LLC.
- Author(s)Robert C. Martin
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication13/05/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width179 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine13 mm
Most relevant reviews
- pestario8519 Jan, 2017by
Uncle Bob once again! Great book
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.