All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmily Orr was an upstanding and strictly religious woman in Evansville in the early 1900s. The daughter of Orr Iron magnate, she lived with her father and worked tirelessly in her church and in her community, along with two of her best friends, Albion Fellows Bacon and Lizzie Shanklin. When she was in her late 20s, a rich playboy by the name of George Clifford swept her off her feet. After she returned from a magnificent trip around the world, she succumbed to George's wishes and married him. Leaving his philandering ways behind, and with Emily's support, George became a prime mover and shaker in Evansville, especially during Mayor Benjamin Bosse's tenure. Follow George and Emily through their sojourn as Evansville builds its Coliseum, buys the Tinker Memorial Organ, raises money for Evansville College, goes through World War I and helps to win the vote for women.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Ann Howard is a church musician and piano teacher who makes her home in Evansville, Indiana.
- Author(s)Carolyn Ann Howard
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight759 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.