All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cyborg Wars are over and Earth has peacefully prospered for more than one hundred years. Yet sometimes history must repeat itself until humanity learns from its mistakes. In the year 2170, despite techlogical and political advances, cyborgs and clones are treated better than slaves, and an underground abolitionist movement is fighting for freedom. Thirteen-year-old Leanna's entire life is thrown into chaos when The World Federation of Nations discovers her mom is part of the radical Liberty Bell Movement. After her mother's arrest for treason, Leanna must escape as she is chased by a ruthless bounty hunter. Soon Leanna finds herself living among the Firsts, and thing will ever be the same again. But what does The World Federation want with the daughter of a traitor? So much is uncertain. Danger hides everywhere. Fear takes over. With help from unlikely sources, Leanna learns the origin of The Liberty Bell Movement and how its members may have answers about her past-and her new reality. As family secrets are revealed, Leanna must face startling truths about self-identity and freedom. Through time travel, advanced techlogies, and artificial intelligence, this exhilarating adventure asks what it means to be human and explores the sacrifices an entire society will make to find out. Acclaimed authors Patricia C. McKissack and Frederick L. McKissack have collaborated with their son, John to deliver a vel that is as suspenseful as it is searing.
- Author BiographyPatricia and Fredrick McKissack are the authors of numerous award-winning books, including REBELS AGAINST SLAVERY: AMERICAN SLAVE REVOLTS and BLACK HANDS, WHITE SAILS: THE STORY OF AFRICAN AMERICAN WHALERS, both Coretta Scott King Honor Books, and SOJOURNER TRUTH: AIN'T I A WOMAN? a Coretta Scott King Honor Book and winner of the Boston Globe/Horn Book Award. Patricia and Fredrick McKissack live in St. Louis, Missouri. John McKissack resides in Memphis, Tennessee. Patricia C.and Fredrick L. McKissack are the authors of numerous and acclaimed books, including REBELS AGAINST SLAVERY: AMERICAN SLAVE REVOLTS and BLACK HAND, WHITE SAILS: THE STORY OF AFRICAN AMERICAN WHALERS, both CSK Honor Books. They have also collaborated on SOJOURNER TRUTH: AIN'T I A WOMAN?, a CSK Honor Book, winner of an NAACP Image Award, and a Boston Globe/Horn Book Award. For the first time this husband-wife team invites their grown son, John McKissack, a mechanical engineer, to join them as a technical advisor in the creation of this new series. The elder McKissacks live in St. Louis, MO. John lives in Memphis, TN with his wife, Michelle, and three sons, John, Everett and Peter.
- Author(s)Frederick L McKissack,John McKissack,Patricia C McKissack
- PublisherScholastic Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleClone Codes (Hardcover)
- Series Part/Volume Number01
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Press
- Weight313 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $29.45
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $33.44
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.85
- AU $14.41Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $37.24Trending at AU $44.14
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.