Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvelyn Underhill (1875-1941) was a rewned Anglo-Catholic poet and velist whose works on mysticism were some of the most widely read in the early twentieth century. She and her husband, Hubert Stuart Moore, had children, but travelled extensively throughout Europe where Underhill pursued her interests in art and Catholicism. As a product of the Edwardian era, Underhill was concerned with exploring the physic, the occult, the mystical, the scientific, and the spiritual in her works. In her later years, she became a lecturer and spiritual leader in the Anglican Church, and proponent of the power of contemplative prayer. In 1922 Underhill edited an anymous work of Christian mysticism called The Cloud of Unkwing. The work was written in the late 14th Century in Middle English, and is a treatise about seeking a pure entity of God through contemplation, t through kwledge and intellect. This version is often considered the best translation of the work to modern English.
- Date of Publication23/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Translated byEvelyn Underhill
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.