All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor it is t what you are r what you have been that God regards with his most merciful eyes, but what you would like to be.THE CLOUD OF UNKNOWING is one of the classic medieval texts on contemplative prayer. Written anymously towards the end of the fourteenth century for someone just starting out on the journey of faith, it dwells on the essential unkwability of God. Since God cant be grasped by the intellect, he must be approached with an attitude of humility and love, in listening prayer.This new edition of the great classic on prayer includes a new foreword by James Catford.
- Author BiographyWritten by an anonymous fourteenth-century priest.
- Author(s)Halcyon C. Backhouse
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication20/08/2009
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleHodder Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Weight98 g
- Width149 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.