All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAustralia has one of the longest, most diverse and pristine coastlines in the world. From the oldest rocks on the planet to those that are still evolving, the Australian coast is a dynamic, ever-changing suite of dramatic landforms and productive ecosystems. From iconic beaches such as Bondi and long unbroken sands of the Coorong to the endless curtain of the Nullarbor cliffs along the Great Australian Bight, this illuminating book explores these magnificent landforms, revealing how they formed and continue to change. It details the various coastal systems that operate, including beaches, dunes, estuaries, deltas, rocky coast and coral reefs. Written by two of Australia's leading coastal experts, Andrew Short and Colin Woodroffe, The Coast of Australia provides the first comprehensive account of the Australian coast. Covering 36,000 km of shoreline, The Coast of Australia is an engaging exploration of this massive, largely undeveloped and highly variable coastline.
- Author BiographyAndrew Short is a coastal geomorphologist with degrees from the University of Sydney, University of Hawaii and Louisiana State University. He has studied the coasts of North and South America, the Alaskan Arctic, Hawaii, New Zealand, Europe, the British Isles and the entire Australian coast. His main interests are beach and dune morphodynamics, coastal evolution and management. He has written more than 150 scientific articles and 12 books. Colin Woodroffe is Professor in the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Wollongong.
- Author(s)Andrew D. Short,Colin D. Woodroffe
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2008
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white tables, maps
- Weight840 g
- Width255 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.